The CB Benefits Pension Plan investments are managed by GLC Asset Management (Great West Life). Brent Joyce, Chief Investment Strategist for GLC, talks with Business News Network TV about what investors may expect in 2019.
In this video Highlights of Brent’s interview:
- Today’s debate remains around how much global economies and corporate earnings will grow and, importantly, not how much they will shrink.
- “It’s about moderation” – we believe the economy is slowing but not contracting.
- Corporate earnings growth is likewise shifting from acceleration to moderation (not decline).
- Fixed income’s value as a risk-mitigation tool has increased and will continue to increase the longer we go in the cycle.
- Looking into 2019, we’re cautiously optimistic and expect to see the S&P 500 and the S&P/TSX Composite to trade back up.