The CB Benefits Pension Plan investments are managed by GLC Asset Management (Great West Life). Brent Joyce, Chief Investment Strategist for GLC, talks with Business News Network TV about what investors may expect in 2019.
In this video Highlights of Brent’s interview:
- Today’s debate remains around how much global economies and corporate earnings will grow and, importantly, not how much they will shrink.
- “It’s about moderation” – we believe the economy is slowing but not contracting.
- Corporate earnings growth is likewise shifting from acceleration to moderation (not decline).
- Fixed income’s value as a risk-mitigation tool has increased and will continue to increase the longer we go in the cycle.
- Looking into 2019, we’re cautiously optimistic and expect to see the S&P 500 and the S&P/TSX Composite to trade back up.
Welcome to CBBenefits Blog. This is a location in which we are hoping to engage you! Canadian Baptist Pension and Benefit Plan members. In the coming weeks and months, we hope to address a number of topics that are unique to our plan members. Such as:
- Understanding your benefits and "Choices" during your employment journey
- Discussing the unique features of the Canadian Baptist Pension Plan (CBPP)
- Changing the retirement equation
- Retirement planning
- Financial planning
- The stages of the employment journey
- CPP enhancements
These are just a few of the topics we hope to review. Periodically, we hope to post some interesting articles and add commentary with a twist that links it to your experience. We hope you join us in the conversation.